Sam:
Sally. I called you into my office to talk to you about something. 

莎莉,我把你叫进办公室来是想和你谈一件事。
Sally:
I hope everthing's OK. 

我希望一切都没问题。
Sam:
Actually, I'd like to present you with your annual bonus. 

事实上,我想亲自把年终奖金拿给你。
Sally:
Thank you so much. 

真是谢谢你。
Sam:
I also would like to take this opportunity to tell you what a fine job you've been doing in this company. 

我也想趁这个机会告诉你,你在公司的表现很好。
Sally:
Thank you. I've been working very hard to stay on top of my work. 

谢谢你。我很努力地掌握所有工作的进度。
Sam:
And you've been doing a very good job. I've noticed that over the past year you've had a lot of improvement in your work. 

你做的很好。我注意到过去这一年来你在工作有很大的进步。
Sally:
Those training courses that you asked me to attend have really paid off. 

你让我去参加的训练课程真的很有帮助。
Sam:
I'm glad they have. There is one more thing. I'd like you to keep this bonus confidential. 

我很高兴有帮助,不过有一件事,我希望你不要让别人知道奖金的事。
Sally:
OK. I understand. 

好,我了解。
Sam:
Good. Bonuses are based on work performance, and not everyone performed as well as you did. I wouldn't want anyone to find out that their bonus wasn't as much as yours. 

很好。因为奖金是按照工作表现分发的,并不是每个人的表现都像你一样好。我不想让其他人知道他们的年终奖金没你高。
Sally:
I understand. I won't say a word. 

我了解。 我会守口如瓶的。