Jeff:
You look a little tired this morning, Joan.

琼,你今天早晨看起来有点累。
Joan:
I know. I got up at 4AM to make breakfast for my mother.

我知道。我四点就起床给我妈妈做早餐了。
Jeff:
You really are a great daughter, Joan.

你真是个好女儿琼。
Joan:
Not really. It is my mother who is wonderful. She gave me life and brought me up very well.

不是的。是我妈妈伟大,她给了生命又悉心把我抚养成人。
Jeff:
So you try to re-pay her on Mother's Day?

所以你想在母亲节报答她?
Joan:
Right. But she has given me so much that it would take hundreds of years to re-pay her.

没错。可是她给予我的太多了,要花几百年才能报答她。
Jeff:
Maybe we should have Mother's Day everyday instead of just once a year?

也许我们应该每天都过母亲节,而不是一年一次?
Joan:
It's a good idea Jeff, but I can't get up so early to make breakfast for her everyday.

这是个好主意杰夫,可我不能每天早晨起来那么早给她做早餐。
Jeff:
But we should tell our Mom's how much we love them more often.

但我们应该更经常地告诉我们的妈妈我们多么爱她们。
Joan:
I agree! I will tell my children your great idea!

我同意!我会把你的好主意告诉我的孩子们!