Jeff:
Joan! I just had a great idea that will make us rich!

乔恩!我刚想到一个好主意能让我们发财!
Joan:
What's that, Jeff?

什么主意,杰夫。
Jeff:
We can start a company to make chocolate eggs and jelly-beans for Easter gifts.

我们可以开一个公司,做复活节巧克力蛋和豆胶糖。
Joan:
Are you mad? There are already many companies doing this. You will need a more original idea than that if we are going to get rich.

你疯了吗?已经有很多公司在做了。如果你想发财就想一个更有创意的主意。
Jeff:
Oh. I didn't know that. Are you sure?

噢,我不了解这些。你肯定吗?
Joan:
Yes I'm sure! Easter used to be a religious festival but now it's mainly a reason for people to have a holiday and eat chocolate and candy.

我肯定。复活节曾经是个宗教节日,可现在变成了人们吃巧克力和糖果的节日。
Jeff:
So my idea is not that great?

所以我的主意不算好?
Joan:
Well, it would have been if you thought of it 100 years ago, but you're too late.

如果你在一百年前想到还会是个好主意,可你太晚了。
Jeff:
Just as well, it's not too late to practice our English then.

可练习英语还不算晚。
Joan:
Too right Jeff. We could get some chocolate Easter eggs, jelly-beans and hot-cross-buns and start right away.

太对了杰夫。我们可以弄点儿复活节巧克力蛋、豆胶糖和十字面包,然后马上开始。
Jeff:
Let's do it!

好!