查克:
You know, we could save money by not filling the position..



你知道.如果让这个职位空缺的话.公司可以省钱.
内特:
No!



不会吧!
查克:
I`m only kidding. Now, do you have a list of job requirements and duties? And the salary range!



只是开玩笑啦.你现在列出工作要求和职责了吗?工资范围是多少?
丹:
Here`s the list. The salary is thirty-five to forty-five thousand a year, depending on experience.



清单在这儿.根据工作经验不同.年薪三万五千到四万五千美元不等.
内特:
What?! I don`t make that much!



什么?!我都没赚那么多!
丹:
Oh-and I`m thinking of giving Nate a raise if he does a good job finding a new person.



哦--如果内特真的能帮忙找到一个优秀的新人.我想给他涨工资.
查克:
How do you want to advertise the opening?



你打算怎样给这个职位做广告?
丹:
I`ve had good responses from the Beijing Times` help-wanted ads.



以前我们曾在(京华时报)上刊登招聘广告.反应不错.
查克:
All right. I suggest posting the ad Friday through Monday.(I suggest cleaning the room/finishing your work right now.)



好的.我建议把广告从星期五登到下周一.
丹:
OK. Friday`s the big day for job ads.



好.周五是登招聘广告的黄金时间啊.
查克:
And job seekers will certainly check the paper over the weekend.



求职者一定会在周末时翻看报纸的.
内特:
Let`s post on the Internet too. We`ll get a better response. I`ll post the ads. I know some good sites.



我们把招聘广告也登在网上吧.这样我们可以得到更多的回应.我来吧.我知道一些不错的网站.
查克:
Such concern for the company, Nate! I`m impressed.



这么关心公司啊.内特!你真是令我欣赏.
丹:
Don`t be fooled, he`s just lazy. If we don`t replace Lola, he knows he`ll have to work harder.



别傻了.他只是懒惰罢了.如果我们不招人替补罗拉.他知道他就得更努力地工作了.