苏:
Could we possibly discuss my salary sometime?



我们可不可以找些时间谈谈我的工资问题?
布朗:
Sure.



当然可以.
苏:
First of all,I want you to know that I really like working for this company. Do you think I`m doing a good job here?



首先.我想告诉你我非常喜欢在咱们公司工作.你觉得我干得还不错吧?
布朗:
Well, you are a very hard worker.



嗯.你工作非常勤恳.
苏:
The problem is, my salary just isn`t enough to live on, even for food and rent.



但问题是我的工资不够养家户口.连房租和吃饭都不够.
布朗:
What do you propose then?



你有什么提议? 

苏:
I really want a 5% raise.



我想涨5%的工资.
布朗:
That`s quite a bit. If I give you a raise, I have to give everyone a raise.



太多了.如果你涨了.大家都得涨.
苏:
Listen, if you give me a raise, I`ll take on extra responsibilities.



你听我说.如果你给我涨工资.我可以承担更多的责任.
布朗:
That sounds reasonable. How about this? From now on, you can be responsible for scheduling. That means that if you can`t find someone to cover a shift, you`ll have to do it.



这听起来很合理.要不这样吧.从现在开始.值班安排由你负责.那就是说.如果有人不能值班你就得自己来值.
苏:
That sounds good to me. I really appreciate it .



这似乎对我挺合适的.太谢谢你了!