爱丽丝:
I need a good replacement. I don`t want to give Brown more work.


我需要一个替补人选.我不想给布朗增加太大工作.
泰勒:
Here are more resumes and cover letters for you. They were faxed in over the weekend.


这里还有一些简历及求职信.都是周末传真过来的.
爱丽丝:
Good. And we should get more today.


很好.今天应该还会受到更多吧.
泰勒:
Any decent candidates?


有不错的人选吗?
爱丽丝:
Not yet. I want someone experienced in our industry.


还没有.我想找在这个领域有工作经验的人.
泰勒:
Remember, it`s company policy to interview every qualified applicant.


记住.公司政策规定要对每个合格的应征者进行测试.
爱丽丝:
We only have a few. That shouldn`t be a problem.


合格的人选有一些.但那应该不成问题.
泰勒:
Here are the responses we received by e-mail from our internet ads on Saturday.


这些是我们周六刊登在网上的招聘广告所收到的应聘邮件.
爱丽丝:
There must be thirty!


一定有三十封了吧!
泰勒:
Forty-three, actually.


实际上有四十三封.
爱丽丝:
I`d better get on the phone and start setting up interviews.


我最好赶快开始打电话安排面试.
泰勒:
Remember----interview every qualified applicant.


记住----要对每个合格的应征者进行面试.
爱丽丝:
Oh, and there are responses from Sunday-----another sixty. Internet job ads sure are effective!


哦.这些是周日所收到的回复-----六十封.网上招聘广告还真的有效!
泰勒:
one hundred resumes? I`ll be here all day, and I`ll be interviewing for a month.


一百封简历?我看我得整天呆在这儿.面试一个月了.
爱丽丝:
Anything to keep from giving me extra work, right?


这些都是为了让我不要有额外的工作.对吧? 

泰勒:
Wrong! Here, Screen these hundred applications for me by the end of the day!


错!把这些拿去.今天下班前帮我筛选一百份简历!


