艾达:
Hi, my name is Ada.



你好.我是艾达.
杰西卡:
Ada Brown, the new sales representative? Nice to meet you! I`m Jessica Simpson.



艾达·布朗--新的业务代表?很高兴认识你!我是杰西卡·辛普森.
艾达:
Nice to meet you, Jessica, but-



很高兴见到你.杰西卡.可是--
杰西卡:
No buts about it. Now, let me show you around. This is our reception area, and our conference room is right over there.



不必可是了.现在我带你去熟悉环境.这里是我们的接待区.我们的会议室就在那边.
艾达:
This is a nice office.



这是一间不错的办公室.
杰西卡:
We don`t really like it-but don`t tell management. Now, over here is the sales department.



我们不是很喜欢--不过别跟管理部的人说.这便是业务部.
艾达:
Really? It`s quite small.



真的吗?地方很小啊!
杰西卡:
Yeah, I guess we haven`t made enough money to get a bigger space. You can make copies and send faxes over here.



是啊.我想我们没有足够的资金.租不起大一点的办公室.你可以在这里复印和传真.
艾达:
It sounds like you guys work hard.



看起来你们工作很认真.
杰西卡:
Not really. We just mess things up so that it looks like we work hard. Now, your cubicle is there, but first, the most important room-



也不一定.我们只不过是把东西弄得乱七八糟的.这样我们看起来好像很认真似的.嗯.你的座位就在那边.不过最重要的房间--
艾达:
What`s that?



那是什么?
杰西卡:
Why, the break room, of course.



那个啊.当然是休息室喽!
艾达:
Hmm-this isn`t a bad way to learn about the company.



嗯--这不失为了解这家公司的好方法. 
