Dario:
What is your favorite Christmas song?
你最喜欢的圣诞节歌曲是哪一首?
Betty:
Do you mean Xmas carol?
你是指圣诞颂歌吗?
Dario:
Yep. My favorite is Jingle Bells.
是的。我最喜欢的是《铃儿响叮当》。
Betty:
I hate Jingle Bells! I prefer The Little Drummer Boy song.
我讨厌《铃儿响叮当》!我更喜欢那首《打鼓的小男孩》。
Dario:
But that's not really a Xmas carol.
可那算不上是圣诞颂歌。
Betty:
People sing it at Xmas, so I think it's a Xmas song.
人们在圣诞节的时候唱这首歌,所以我认为它是一首圣诞歌曲。
Dario:
Do you want to team up and make some money by singing in the street?
你想一起组队到街上去卖唱挣点钱吗?
Betty:
There is only one problem with that plan.
这个方案只有一个问题。
Dario:
What possible problem can there be?
那有可能出现什么样的问题?
Betty:
I can sing quite well but you sound like a dying dog when you sing!
我唱得不错,可你唱歌的时候听起来就像是一条垂死的狗!
Dario:
Well, you can sing and I will hold the hat for people to put money in.
唔,你来唱,我来拿帽子,让人们仍钱往里扔钱。