店员:
May I help you, sir?



需要帮忙吗?先生.
杨先生:
Er -I want to buy my wife a gift for Christmas, but I don't know what she would like.



嗯...我想给我妻子买份圣诞礼物.但是我不知道她喜欢什么.
店员:
How about an evening gown? These are all from Paris.



来件晚礼服怎么样?我们的都是从法国运过来的.
杨先生:
No. She has very good taste in clothes. I don't want to take the risk.



不.她对衣服很挑剔.我不想冒险给她买来她不喜欢.
店员:
What do you have in mind then?



那你想给她买点什么呢?
杨先生:
I'm thinking about jewelry or something valuable and won't be out of fashion.



我想给她买点珠宝或其它值钱的不过时的东西.
店员:
We've got beautiful jewelry here. Not much, but each one is unique. If you're interested, I can show you.



我们这里有很漂亮的首饰.货不是很多.但是每件都很独特.如果您感兴趣.我给您看看.
杨先生:
Can you give guarantees of their genuineness?



你能保证是真品吗?
店员:
Yes, we can. (He leads Mr. Yung to another counter.) Here we are. Well, what do you think?



是的.我们能.(他领着杨先生到了另一个柜台)就是这些.您看怎样?
杨先生:
They are lovely, I must say....Can I take a look at that necklace?



我得说.确实很漂亮.我能看看那条项链吗?
店员:
Which one? This one?



哪一条?是这条吗?
杨先生:
No, no....The third one from the left....Yeah, that's the one. (Shop assistant gives him the necklace.) Is this ruby genuine?



不不.从左数第三条.对.就是那条.(店员把项链给他)这是真的红宝石吗?
店员:
We don't sell fakes here, sir.



我们不卖假货.
杨先生:
OK, I'll take it....Here is the cheque. Oh, please gift-wrap it.



好的.我要了.这是支票.请给我包起来.