皮特:
I`ve got a real problem.


我遇上难题了.
罗杰:
What`s the problem?


什么问题?
皮特:
I`ve got to get a birthday gift for my girlfriend.


我要买一份生日礼物给我女朋友.
罗杰:
Oh, that is a problem. What are you going to get her?


哦.那的确是个难题.你打算买什么给她呢?
皮特:
Do you have any suggestions? I was hoping you could help.


你有什么建议吗?我正希望你能帮忙.
罗杰:
Buy her some flowers.


给她买点鲜花吧.
皮特:
That`s too easy. I need to get something more thoughtful.


那太简单了.我得送一些花点心思的.
罗杰:
Don`t ask me then. I`m not good at being thoughtful.


那就不要问我了.我不擅长花心思的事情.
皮特:
Good point. What did you get your girlfriend for her birthday?


有道理.你女朋友生日时你买了什么送给她? 

罗杰:
I got her a house.


我给她买了一栋房子.
皮特:
Really? You bought her a house?


真的吗?你给她买了一栋房子?
罗杰:
No. I`m joking. I bought her a nice necklace.


不.开玩笑而已.我买了一块好看的项链给她.
皮特:
That`s a good idea, but it`s not good enough.


那是一个好主意.但还不够好.
罗杰:
Well, good luck. I hope you find what you`re looking for.


祝你好运.我希望你会找到你要找的东西.


