Jane:
How do you like the food sold in this sidewalk snack booth?
你觉得大排档里卖的东西好吃吗?
Shirley:
At least, it is better than my boxed lunch at work. I'm so fed up with the bland food. Thank you for having lunch with me!
至少,它比我们公司吃的盒饭好吃。我受够了那些乏味的食物了。谢谢你陪我吃午饭。
Jane:
Any time. But I don't mind eating boxed lunch. The food sanitation is really good too.
我很乐意啊。但是我倒是不介意吃盒饭。那些食物的卫生也很不错。
Shirley:
It's hard to believe that you like it. You are so easy to be satisfied.
真难以相信你会喜欢。你也太容易满足了吧。
Jane:
Hey, it's not that bad. The food is nutritious and it's really convenient. I don't want to spend too much time on eating stuff.
嗨,没有那么差吧。那些食物营养而且非常方便。我可不想花太多的时间在吃饭上。
Shirley:
Eating is important. You are what you eat. It's not only a daily routine.
嗨,没有那么差吧。那些食物营养而且非常方便。我可不想花太多的时间在吃饭上。
Jane:
Well, will you just go back to work after lunch?
还有,你吃完饭之后会直接回去工作吗?
Shirley:
No. I'm going to pay the bill for the company's lunch.
不,我得去把公司的工作午餐的账结了。
Jane:
But you didn't eat anything today.
但是你今天什么都没有吃啊。
Shirley:
Well, the bill is paid by month. That's probably the only thing that I like about a take-out restaurant.
这个啊,账单是月结的。这可能是外卖让我喜欢的唯一一点。
Jane:
All right. I'm going to the McDonald's.
好吧。我要去一趟麦当劳。
Shirley:
For what? I thought you didn't like western food.
去做什么?我原以为你不喜欢西餐的。
Jane:
No, I never did. It's for my son. He loves it, and I made an agreement with him that he can eat it once a week.
没错,我从来都不喜欢。是给我儿子的。他最喜欢了。我跟他约定每周只吃一次。
Shirley:
That's really smart. My son Daniel is the same with your son. I just don't get it, why all the kids prefer western food to traditional food.
这是个聪明的做法。我儿子丹尼尔也和你儿子一样。我就是不明白,为什么孩子们都喜欢西方的食品而不喜欢传统食物呢?
Jane:
Me, either. But, it's for sure that the children market is a really big one.
我也不明白。可是,可以确定的是儿童市场是一个非常大的市场。
Shirley:
That's for sure. It's always hard for the parents to say “no” to their children.
肯定的啊。让父母对他们的孩子说“不”总是很难的。


