Molly:
Gordon, what's up?
戈登,最近在忙什么?
Gordon:
Nothing much, and you?
没什么,你呢?
Molly:
Nothing much, I am going to meet my English teacher tonight. I am afraid he thinks I am a rude dude.
没什么。我今晚要去见我的英语老师。我怕他认为我是个粗鲁的人。
Gordon:
Why do you think so?
为什么你这么想呢?
Molly:
My English is poor, and when I talk with him, I am shy.
我的英语不好,而且我和他说话的时候我害羞。
Gordon:
That is not so important. But you must be polite. Do you keep eye contact with him when you speak?
那不要紧。不过你要有礼貌。你和他说话的时候和他保持目光接触吗?
Molly:
No, I don't. I look away, I am afraid of his blue eyes.
没有。我看别处去了。我怕他的蓝眼睛。
Gordon:
I understand. You are a rude dude. Keeping eye contact is very important in Western culture. Don't be a rude dude!
我理解。你是一个没有礼貌的人。在西方文化里保持目光接触是很重要的。不要做粗鲁的人!
Molly:
Thanks a lot, I will practice being better.
多谢,我要练习做得更好一些。
Gordon:
No problem, anything for you.
没什么,愿为你做一切事情。
Molly:
Catch you later.
再见。
Gordon:
Later..
再见...


