Mary:
Excuse me, officer. I'm a stranger here and I'm lost.
對不起,警察先生。我對這兒不熟,我迷路了。
Police Officer:
Where do you want to go?
你想去哪裡?
Mary:
I want to get back to my hotel -- the Hilton Hotel.
我想回我住的飯店,希爾頓飯店。
Police Officer:
Well, your trouble is that you're walking in the opposite direction of the hotel.
哦,問題是你正朝著和飯店相反的方向走。
Mary:
Oh, no wonder. Could you please point me in the right direction?
喔,難怪。可以請你告訴我正確的方向嗎?
Police Officer:
With pleasure. Walk down this road, take the first left, then walk four blocks, and you'll find the hotel.
我很樂意。沿著這條路走,在第一個轉彎處左轉,然後走過四條街,你就能找到那家飯店了。
Mary:
About how long will it take me to walk there?
走到那兒大約要多久?
Police Officer:
About half an hour.
大概半個小時。
Mary:
Is there a bus I can take to get there?
有公車可以讓我搭到那裡嗎?
Police Officer:
Actually you can take the subway and get off at Sixtieth street.
事實上,你可以搭地鐵,在第六十街下車。
Mary:
Where can I get the subway?
我可以在哪裡搭地鐵?
Police Officer:
Just across the street. See?
就在對街。看到了嗎?
Mary:
Yes, I see it. Thank you.
是的,我看到了。謝謝。