露西:
Can you ship this batch of cottons within five or six weeks?



您能在五周至六周之内装运这种棉布吗?
王勇:
What kind of cottons are they? May I see your list? Ah, machine prints.



是哪种棉布?我可以看一下目录吗?噢.是机器印花布.
露西:
Yes, mainly prints. There are a few plain as well. Here they are.



是的.主要是印花布.但也有一小部分是素花布.这些就是.
王勇:
I see. And the quantities?



我明白了.有多少货?
露西:
200 rolls of each. Make it 200 rolls for each sample.



每种200匹.就说定每种样品各200匹吧.
王勇:
How many rolls altogether?



总共多少匹呢?
露西:
Twenty prints and five plain. That makes 5000 rolls in all.



20种印花布和5种素花布.一共是5000匹.
王勇:
Six weeks, did you say?



您是说要在六周之内装运?
露西:
Yes, five to six weeks.



是的.五周至六周.
王勇:
We could manage the plain rolls in six weeks. The prints might be put off to eight weeks.



我们可以想办法将素色布在六周内装运.但印花布得延至八周.
露西:
Eight weeks? We can't wait that long.



八周?我们不能等那么久.
王勇:
That's the best we can do just now, I'm afraid .



恐怕我们目前最多也只能做到这一步了.
露西:
Can't you make it seven weeks for the prints?



您能否在七周内将印花布装运好?
王勇:
What about taking the prints in two shipments Two thousand rolls in seven weeks, and the remainder a week later.



您看把印花布分两批装运怎么样?2000匹在七周内装运.其余的延期一周.
露西:
That might be acceptable. I shall have to cable our Beijing office to get their approval.You can definitely supply in the time you've given me, I suppose.



那可能行得通.我得打电报给我们在北京的公司.要征得他们的同意才行.我想您可以按照答应我的时间如期装运吧.
王勇:
Yes, I`ll see that you get those delivery. Shipping by "S. S. American" as usual, is that all right?



是的.我保证将货物及时运到.同往常一样.由"美洲轮"装运.可以吗?
露西:
That's right.



可以.
王勇:
When can we expect your confirmation of the order?



您什么时候确认订单?
露西:
As soon as I hear from Beijing, that will be either Friday or Saturday.



我一收到北京的消息就办.不是星期五就是星期六.
王勇:
All right.



好吧.