斯科特:
This is our rock-bottom price,Mr.Nelson.



尼尔逊先生.这是我们最低的价格了.
尼尔逊:
If that`s the case,there`s not much point in further discussion.We might as well call the whole deal off.



如果是这样的话.那就没有什么意义再谈下去了.我们还不如取消这笔生意算了.
斯科特:
What I mean is that we`ll never be able to come down to your price.The gap is too great.



我的意思是说我们永远不可能把价格降到你要求的价格.差距太大了.
尼尔逊:
I think it unwise for either of us to be inflexible.How about meeting each other halfway?



我认为我们都这么强硬很不明智.我们能不能各让一半?
斯科特:
What`s your proposal?



您的提议是什么?
尼尔逊:
Your unit price is 100 dollars higher than we want.Well,I suggest we meet each other halfway.



你们的单价比我们想要的价格高出100美元.嗯.我建议各让一步.
斯科特:
Do you mean a further reduction of 50 dollars in our price?That`s impossible!



您是说我们再减价50美元吗?那真的不可能!
尼尔逊:
What would you suggest?



您的意见呢?
斯科特:
The best we can do is another 30 dollars off.That`s definitely the lowest we can go.



我们最多只能减价30美元.这可是绝对低价了.
尼尔逊:
That still leaves a gap of 20 dollars.:Let`s meet each other half-way again and split the difference;I think this is a price we can both be satisfied with.



这样还留下20美元的差额呢.咱们再各让一半.分担差额吧.我认为我们双方都能满意这个价格.
斯科特:
OK.We can meet halfway again.



好吧.我们就再各让一半吧.