莉莉:
We need to make this decision now. John, It can`t wait any longer.



我们现在要做决定了.麦克.不能再等了.
麦克:
I know, I know. Managements all about decisions, but this one could make or break us.



我知道.我知道. 管理全在于决定.但这个决定会成就我们.也会毁了我们.
莉莉:
Nevertheless we need to make one. I recommend we accept the merger offer, as I agree with the reports findings that it would be better for the company in the long-term future.



无论如何我们得做出个决定.我建议我们接受合并提议.因为我同意报告的调查结果.即那样符合公司长远的利益.
麦克:
But what do the other department managers think? Do we have unanimous agreement with this offer?



但是其它部门主管怎么想?对于这个提议.大家都一致同意吗?
莉莉:
Yes, I believe we do.



是的.我想我们是一直同意.
麦克:
Did you hold that employee meeting yesterday? What was the general reaction?



昨天你召开了员工大会吗?普遍的反应怎么样?
莉莉:
A majority believes that you should agree.



大多数人认为你应该接受.
麦克:
Well then, then my decision must take into consideration the thoughts of my employees, so I will agree to it.



那好.我一定仔细考虑员工的意见再作决定.我会同意的.
莉莉:
Ok, I will make the necessary phone-calls and announcements. I think this is for the best.



我再打一些必要的电话和做一些必要的通告.我认为合并是最佳选择.
麦克:
I believe it will be. It should open up a whole new world of opportunities for the company.



我也相信它是.它应该会为公司带来很多全新的机会.