吉姆:
Hi, I have a table reserved for 8, under the name Jim.



你好.我预订了一个八人桌.留的名字是吉姆.
服务生:
Err, sorry, but we don't have any reservation under that name.



呃--不好意思.没有这个名字的预约.
吉姆:
Are you kidding me? Please check again.



开什么玩笑.请再确认一下.
服务生:
Sure...Sorry, but nothing shows up under that name. We can offer you a space at the bar until a table is available.



好的--对不起.真的没有.您先在吧台旁边等一下.一会儿就有位子了.
吉姆:
No. I would like to speak with your manager please.



不用.我想和你们的经理谈谈.
服务生:
I really feel sorry about this. Please wait for a while. I`ll call our manager right now.



真的很抱歉.请您稍等.我马上去找我们经理.
经理:
Hello, how can I help you?



您好.请问有什么事? 

吉姆:
I was just told that my reservation was not taken and now I am here with no table and waiting guests. Is there anything you can do to fix this?



服务员告诉我说我在这儿没预约成.但我现在有客人在这儿.您能解决一下吗?
经理:
Oh, please accept my apology for keeping you wait, how about this then, we will take you to a personal room of the club until a table that fits your requirements is available.



真对不起.让您久等了.这样.先带您到私人室等候行吗?有空位时我们再为您调换座位.
吉姆:
I guess there's no other choice. Well, thank you very much!



看来只能这样了.非常感谢!