Benjamin:
How is the project going?
方案进行得怎么样了?
Colleague:
Well, frankly speaking, I am running a little behind. It's 40% done.
嗯,坦白说,我落后了一点,才完成了40%。
Benjamin:
Do you have any problem during the process? You should speed things up.
在工作过程中有什么困难吗?你应该加速了。
Colleague:
I have little chance to communicate with colleagues when I have problems. They are always too busy to help a green hand like me.
我遇到困难时很少有机会能和同事们交流。他们总是太忙了,不能帮一下我这个新手。
Benjamin:
Have you ever helped others when they are in trouble? Most will give a hand to someone who has helped him.
他们有困难时你帮过他们吗?人们大多都爱帮助曾经帮助过他们的人。
Colleague:
I did. But I am so depressed because there is nobody that will help me.
我帮过。但是我很苦恼的是没人愿意帮我。
Benjamin:
And you should have good co-operation with other colleagues, you know a scientific schedule brings efficiency to the work.
你应该和其他同事很好地合作,你要知道科学的时间进度表能提高工作效率。
Colleague:
I see your point, but I seem to be on bad terms with them.
我明白你的意思,但是我似乎和他们合不来。
Benjamin:
Cheer up and pay more attention to your colleagues and the things will be much better. I am speaking from my experience.
振作起来,多关注其他同事就会好很多的。这是我的经验之谈。
Colleague:
Thank you so much.
非常感谢。
Benjamin:
And you should read as much as possible to enrich the knowledge.
你也应该多读书,丰富知识。
Colleague:
That's a good idea. I can learn many useful things from books.
是个好主意。能从书上学到很多有用的东西。
Benjamin:
We're approaching the critical point for success or failure of this project; you'd better speed up and catch up with books.
我们正处在关系整个工程成败的关键时刻,你应该加速赶上其他人。
Colleague:
Well, I will do it better.
嗯,我会做得更好的。
Benjamin:
If you have any problem in your work, let me know.
如果在工作中有什么困难,告诉我。
Colleague:
Thanks very much. I promise I will work harder.
非常感谢,我一定会更加努力的。