Sarah:
  Could we have a chat when it’s convenient for you?
  
    
  
  	您方便的时候我找您谈谈可以吗?
  Boss:
  Sure,you can drop by my office in half an hour.
  
    
  
  	当然,半小时以后来我办公室吧.
  Sarah:
  May I come in?
  
    
  
  	我可以进来吗?
  Boss:
  Yes, what do you want to talk about?
  
    
  
  	进来吧,你想谈点什么?
  Sarah:
  Could we possibly discuss my salary?
  
    
  
  	可以谈谈工资的问题吗?
  Boss:
  Sure, go ahead. What’s on your mind?
  
    
  
  	当然,说吧.你是怎么想的?
  Sarah:
  First of all, I want you to know that I’m really enjoying working for our company. What do you think of my job here?
  
    
  
  	首先,我想让您知道,在咱们公司工作我很开心,您觉得我的工作干得怎么样?
  Boss:
  Well, you are doing an excellent job.
  
    
  
  	恩,你干得挺出色的.
  Sarah:
  Thank you. I’m working hard everyday. I’d like to talk about my prospects and see if there’s the chance of receiving a raise.
  
    
  
  	谢谢.我每天工作都很努力.我想和您谈谈,看看有没有可能给我加薪.
  Boss:
  Well, you deserve more, but if I give you a raise, then everyone in your department should also get one. That’s too much.
  
    
  
  	好,你是该多拿些工资,可是如果我给你涨工资了,就得给你部门的其他人也涨工资.数额太大了.
  Sarah:
  I understand your concerns.
  
    
  
  	我理解您的难处.
  Boss:
  Could you consider other benefits the company may find easier to accommodate, more paid holidays, for example?
  
    
  
  	能不能考虑下公司能提供的其他好处,比如说带薪休假?
  Sarah:
  Ok, thank you for offering that.
  
    
  
  	好吧,谢谢您.
  

