Daniel:
Hurry up! Mom, I can't wait any more.

快点妈妈,我等不及了。
Mom:
Look out, honey. Let's come to the shoal waters. Follow me!

当心点,孩子。我们去浅水区吧,跟我来。
Daniel:
OK, Mom. Can I swim now? I want to learn butterfly stroke.

好的,妈妈,我现在能游了吗?我想学蝶泳。
Mom:
Honey, listen to me. First, you should learn how to breathe in and breathe out.

孩子,听我说,首先你得学会怎样吸气和呼气。
Daniel:
Yes, gotcha. It seems so easy. It's my turn to show off.Mom, it's so terrible. Water went down into my throat and I almost got drowned.

嗯,知道了。好容易呀。轮到我大显身手了。妈妈,真糟糕。水到我的喉咙里来了,我差点被淹死。
Mom:
Do be patient, Honey. Let's do it slowly and correctly.

有耐心点,孩子。让我们慢慢来,把它做好。
Daniel:
Oh, Mom, I think I'm not the right person for swimming.

好的,妈妈,我想我不是游泳的料。
Mom:
Come on, sweetie, you've done very well. It is the first step that is tough.

来吧,孩子。你做得很好了。万事开头难嘛。
Daniel:
Right, I'll make up my mind. Please correct me if any of my movements go wrong.

也是,我要加把劲。如果我动作做错了,就纠正我吧。
Mom:
Yes, well done. That's the way to go. How clever you are! You've got it.

对,做得好,就该这样。你多聪明呀!你做对了。
Daniel:
Really? I can't believe it. Everything is possible to a willing heart.

真的吗?我简直不敢相信。有志者事竟成。
Mom:
Exactly, next, you should hold your legs together and extend your arms above your head. OK, here we go. Then, kick your legs up and down together in a whipping motion generating from the hips and bending at the knees, as if you were a dolphin.

对呀,下一步,把你的双脚合拢,把你的胳膊放到你的头上。好,这就对了。通过髋关节和膝关节用力运动,上下踢你的腿,就像海豚一样。
Daniel:
Yes, like a dolphin. Am I on the right track?

嗯,像海豚一样。我做对了吗?
Mom:
That's the way to go. Now, you are flying, my boy.

对了。孩子,你进步了。