Dora:
Have you found the book recommended by Mrs. Li?

你找到李老师推荐的那本书了吗?
Daniel:
30 Nights on Nightmares? No.

《30夜噩梦》?没有。
Dora:
Mrs. Li said it was a good self-help book aiming at those who want to refresh their understanding of basic math.

李老师说那是一本不错的自学工具书,意在帮助那些想要巩固数学基础的人。
Daniel:
Not conductive to homework or exams?

对考试和家庭作业没有指导作用吗?
Dora:
She didn't mention that.

她没说。
Daniel:
I am looking for some books that have keys to our after-class exercises. What's our homework today, anyway?

我在找有我们课后练习答案的书。对了,我们今天的家庭作业是什么?
Dora:
Re-read Chapter 13 and summarize the main content in a diagram, and finish the exercises in Chapter 13.

复习第13章,用一个表格总结主要内容,并完成第13章的练习。
Daniel:
I don't understand why we must read it again. I understood everything in class.

我不明白为什么必须再读一遍。我在课堂上都听懂了。
Dora:
Mrs. Li says this second reading will help you consolidate what you've learned in class. That's why we must do homework.

李老师说再次阅读可以帮我们巩固在课堂中学到的知识。那就是我们要做家庭作业的原因。
Daniel:
But I can't do my homework without answer keys!

但是我没有答案就做不了家庭作业。
Dora:
I think maybe 30 Nights on Math is not bad. Look, it has explanations on every formula in our text book.

我觉得《数学30夜》不错。看,里面有对课本中每个公式的解释。
Daniel:
Oh, that's good! I have problems with formulas. I will get this book.

噢,那还不错。我对公式理解得不好,我要买这本书。
Dora:
I have little money left. I believe I have seen some pirated versions of this book. They are much cheaper.

噢,那还不错。我对公式理解得不好,我要买这本书。
Daniel:
Don't buy the pirated books. There are many mistakes in spelling. What's more, it's just against law to buy them.

不要买盗版书,里面有很多拼写错误。此外,买盗版书是违法的。
Dora:
It's against law? Oh, I didn't know it was that serious! But I don't have enough money for that book.

违法?噢,我不知道有那么严重。但是我没有足够的钱来买那本书。
Daniel:
You can sell your Harry Potter to me for cash.

你可以把你的《哈利.波特》卖给我,我给你钱。