Daniel:
Mom, the road is so strange! It is different from the common roads.

妈妈,这路真奇怪,和普通的路不同。
Mom:
Oh, it was done for the blinds. They can feel and find their way to any place they want.

哦,这是为盲人设计的。他们能感觉并找到通向他们想去的地方的路。
Daniel:
Is that really so? Oh, great. It's unnecessary for the blind to get that extremely expensive eyes-seeing dog.

真的吗?噢,太棒了。那盲人就不用买那种特别贵的导盲犬了。
Mom:
Yeah, the eyes-seeing dog is expensive but it can look after the master without any problem.

是啊,可导盲犬虽然昂贵但照顾主人却完全没有问题。
Daniel:
Oh, Mom, it's just a dog like Barbie. But how does a blind person without an eyes-seeing dog live a normal life?

噢,妈妈,那是像芭比一样的狗吧。但是没有导盲犬的盲人怎么正常地生活呢?
Mom:
They have little trouble in the public places now. Thanks to the good social services. You know, we have a lot of public facilities especially for the blind, such as the assistant facilities in elevator, or on the subway.

他们现在在公共场合没有什么困难,这多亏了完善的社会服务体系。你看,有很多专为盲人设置的公共设施,像电梯或地铁里的辅助设施。
Daniel:
Oh, yeah, I also hear the reminder when crossing the street. Is that for the blind, too?

是啊,刚刚过马路的时候我还听到了提示。那也是为盲人准备的吧?
Mom:
Of course. If there isn't a broadcast that reminds the blind to be careful at intersections, they are unable to cross safely.

当然,如果在十字路口没有广播提示盲人小心,他们就不能安全地过马路了。
Daniel:
I recall that you told me there is some Braille on the paper money. Where is it?

我想起来了你告诉我纸币上有盲文,在哪里呢?
Mom:
Mr. Forgetful, I told you it's right here. Just have a try. Can you feel it?

忘事先生,我告诉过你就在这里。来试一试,能感觉到吗?
Daniel:
Oh, it's impossible for me. I feel nothing. Oh, how can they feel it by touch?

噢,对我来说不可能啊,我什么都没感觉到。他们怎么能通过触摸感觉得到呢?
Mom:
They have incredibly sensitive fingers' feelings.

他们的手指有非常敏锐的的触觉。
Daniel:
Sounds quite reasonable.

听起来很有道理。
Mom:
We, able-bodied people, should do something for the disabled.

我们这些身体健全的人应该为残疾人做点什么。
Daniel:
Oh, I want to be an inventor to work out more useful things.

噢,我想当个发明家,发明出更多有用的东西。
Mom:
A good idea.

好主意。