May:
I have received the admission letter from Peking University!

我已经收到北大的录取通知书了。
Dan:
Congratulations!

恭喜呀!
May:
How about you? Have you got any news from any university?

你怎么样?有大学来通知吗?
Dan:
No. I have been waiting for three months, there is just no letter coming.

没有,我已经等了有三个月了,没有一封信来。
May:
The season of university enrollment hasn't ended. Maybe you will receive their admission letter soon.

大学录取的时间还没有结束呢。也许很快你就能收到通知。
Dan:
I must have done terribly in my College Entrance Exams in English and math. I think they have rejected my application.

高考时,我的数学和英语没有考好。我想他们已经拒绝我的申请了。
May:
Come on, don't loose heart. Ask for the telephone number of the school and give them a call.

别灰心呀。问问学校的电话号码,给他们打个电话。
Dan:
I have called them. But they said they didn't have my information about their computer.

我给他们打过电话,但是他们说电脑里没有我的信息。
May:
What does that mean?

那是什么意思?
Dan:
It means my score is under their requirement and my application was automatically eliminated from the system.

那就是说我的分数没有达到他们的要求,我的志愿表被系统自动删除了。
May:
I am so sorry, Gucci.

我真为你感到难过,古奇。
Dan:
Don't worry about me, May. I am just so proud of you. You've got admitted by Peking University!

别为我担心,阿美。我为你自豪。你被北京大学录取了。
May:
What are you going to do next?

那你接下来怎么办?
Dan:
I am going to apply for some vocational schools. I like fashion design and I want to study it.

我想申请一些职业学校。我喜欢服装设计,我想学这个。
May:
Don't be sad, Dan, you still the chance to go to a university in the future.

别伤心,丹。你将来还是有机会上大学的。
Dan:
Thank you, May, but I am not sad. On the contrary, I am quite happy. Finally, I can study something I really like!

谢谢你,阿美。但是我不伤心,相反,我很高兴。我终于可以学自己喜欢的东西了。