罗斯:
Is it possible to change my student visa?



我想更换学生签证可以吗?
比尔:
Does it mean you want to prolong your stay here for a while?



你是说你想在这儿再多呆一段时间 是吗?
罗斯:
No. I want to change my status.



不是多呆一段时间 .而是我想改变一下我的学生身份.
比尔:
You want to change your temporary status to permanent status, right?



你想把你的临时居住身份变成永久居住身份.是吗?
罗斯:
That`s right. What do you think of it?



是的.你看行不行? 

比尔:
It`s not easy.



不容易.
罗斯:
Are there any exceptions?



是否有例外?
比尔:
Yeah. Things would be much easier if you`re nominated by your employer for a specific position, or if you`re in relation to an award course at associate diploma level or above, or something like that.



是的.有例外.如果你能作为特殊人才获得雇主提名.或者获得就读专业证书以上课程的许可.诸如此类.事情就好办多了.
罗斯:
What, if people enter or stay illegally in Australia?



如果偷渡或没有合法身份待在澳大利亚会怎么样?
比尔:
That`s not advisable. They may be arrested, detained or deported finally.



那可是太不明智了.他们可能会被逮捕.拘留.最后被驱逐出境.