汤姆:
Mr. Bill, I got an A in English and B and C in my other subjects. Here`s my report card.



比尔老师.我的英语成绩是A.其他科目都是B和C.这是我的成绩单.
比尔:
Let me see. I`m glad you finally got an A in English, but why only a C in history? That`s a low grade. I thought you liked history.



让我看看.你的英语总算得了A.我很高兴.可为什么历史只得了C?这成绩太低了.我原以为你喜欢历史课.
汤姆:
I do, but I didn`t do too well on this exam. I don`t know why.



我确实喜欢.但这次考试成绩不理想.我也不知道原因.
比尔:
I know why. You didn`t study enough.



我知道.你是不够用功.
汤姆:
Oh, sir, I studied very hard. But our teacher asked such dumb questions.



噢.老师.我学习非常努力.都怪我们老师出这些怪题.
比尔:
Excuse, excuse. And why a C in politics?



总是有理由.为什么政治课也是C?
汤姆:
Well, we`re studying government regulations in different states you know, age for getting a driver`s license, legal drinking age. I just get very confused. They`re all different and they change all the time.



唉.我们正在学习各州的政府法令.比如.领取驾驶执照的年龄.可以饮酒的法定年龄.让人记得糊里糊涂.再说各州的规定又不一样.还经常变化.
比尔:
Yes, it can be quite confusing.



是的.真会把人搞糊涂的.
汤姆:
But I got a B in algebra.



可是我的代数得了B.
比尔:
Excellent. You`re beginning to do well in math.



真棒.你的数学很有起色.