麦克:
So, did you get all the courses you wanted?



你想修的课全部都选了吗?
比尔:
Yep, what about you?



是啊. 你呢?
麦克:
I got all but one. How many credits have you signed up for?



我只差一门课.其他的都选了.你总共修多少个学分?
比尔:
I`m taking twelve credits this semester.



这学期我选了十二个学分.
麦克:
That`s not too bad. I`ve signed up for five courses.



不错嘛.我修了5门课.
比尔:
That`s fifteen credits, right?



那就是15个学分.对吧?
麦克:
Yeah. Do you have to buy a lot of books?



对啊!你得买很多书吗?
比尔:
Yes, I have to buy fourteen books just for my four courses!



是啊.才4门课就得买14本书!
麦克:
Oh! That`s a lot. Are they available in paperback?



噢.那 是很多.这些书能买到平装本吗?
比尔:
Only some of them. Most of the books are hardcover. It`s going to cost a fortune,



只有一些有平装本.大部分都是精装本.得花不少钱.
麦克:
Well, you`re better off than I am. I have to buy twenty books!



哎!我比我好多了.我得买20本书呢.
比尔:
Twenty! That`s insane! When could you possibly read so many books?



本?有没有搞错!你什么时候才能读完这么多书?
麦克:
Yeah, but that is what you get at a good school.



是啊.但是读好学校就是这样.
比尔:
You`re right. I suppose it`ll be worth it. I am just worried about a few of my courses.



你说得对.我想这是值得的.我只不过担心我的一些课而已.
麦克:
Me, too. A few of them look tough. I wish I knew more students, so I could get the scoop on which teachers' courses are easy.



我也是.有些课看起来很难.我真希望我能多认识一些同学.好事先得知哪些老师的课容易过.
比尔:
And which should be avoided?



还有哪些老师的课应该避开?
麦克:
But all the hard work will pay off, I suppose.



但是我想.所有的辛苦都会有回报的.
比尔:
Yeah, you`re right. That`s the reason we are here-to learn.



是啊. 你说得对.这就是我们到这里来的原因:为了学习.
麦克:
I just hope it isn`t the hard way.



我只希望不要太吃力.