Bob:
Jim, do you like Roberts? 

吉姆, 你喜欢机器人吗?
Jim:
Yes, Ithink they are our good friends and helpers. 

喜欢啊,我觉得他们是我们的好朋友和好帮手。
Bob:
Really? So would you like to have a Robert to experience the world for you, and you just lie on the bed and give orders to the Robert through computer. 

真的吗?那你希望拥有一个机器人来替你感受这个世界,然后你只要躺在床上通过电脑来发送指令给他们就好了吗?
Jim:
That’s cool. The Robert must be very clever. I would like to have one. 

真酷。这个机器人一定很智能。我想要一个。
Bob:
Why? Don’t you think that the Robert would control your life? 

为什么?你不觉得机器人会控制你的生活吗?
Jim:
Not. You know I always like staying at home. I’m a home geek. 

不会,你知道我很喜欢呆在家里的。我是个宅男。
Bob:
Got it. So you must never see the film Surrogates. 

明白了。那你一定没看过《代理人》这部电影?
Jim:
Not. Is it interesting? 

没有。有趣吗?
Bob:
Yeah. It’s about human beings use the Roberts as their surrogates and does everything for them, except eating food. They just need lying on the bed and give orders to the Roberts. 

恩,那讲的是人类让机器人来做他们的代理人,为他们做所有的事除了吃饭。而他们只要躺在床上发送指令就好了。
Jim:
It sounds great. Maybe I should watch it now. 

听起来挺有趣的。也许我应该现在就看看。