妻子:
Honey, how about our dinner? 

亲爱的,我们的晚饭怎么办?
丈夫:
Let’s go to the new restaurant near the park. 

我们去公园边上新开的餐馆吃吧。
妻子:
OK, anyway,we don’t want to cook. 

好,反正我们都不想煮。
丈夫:
Take your coat and let’s go. 

带上你的外套,走吧。
妻子:
Remember, let’s split the bill. 

记住,我们分开付款。
丈夫:
I know, I have been used to the so-called niggard eyes from others. 

我知道,反正我已经习惯别人投来所谓的小气的眼光了。
妻子:
Don’t care about it, splitting the bill is just between you and me, others can’t not split the bill for us. 

别管它,分开付款是你我之间的事,别人又不为我们付款。
丈夫:
Why do you insist on splitting bills? 

为什么你坚持要分开付款啊?
妻子:
I want to find out who can take the charge of managing our family finance preferably. 

我想知道我们谁能更好地管理我们家的财政。
丈夫:
So that is what it is. 

原来如此啊。