Ann:
Have you read Hamlet? 

你看过《哈姆雷特》吗?
Lily:
Yes, it is a book from Shakespeare. Why do you ask about it? 

有,是莎士比亚的书,你为什么问这个呢?
Ann:
Our English literature teacher wants us to read it and write a book report. 

我们的英国文学老师要我们读这本书,然后写书评。
Lily:
Have you finished it? 

那你看完了吗?
Ann:
Finished? No, it’s a big job to finish it. Last night, I was in the library with my roommate. I spent two hours reading it, but I only finished sixteen pages. 

完成?不,要完成它可是个大任务,昨晚我和舍友去图书馆,我花了两个小时在看,但是我只完成了十六页。
Lily:
What’s your problem? 

是什么问题呢?
Ann:
The book was written in old English so that I can’t read it very quickly, and you know, my vocabulary is even very small. 

它是用古英文书写的所以我就读不快,而且你也知道,我的词汇量不大。
Lily:
Yes, I know. It’s really difficult. In that age, people had many manners that even the British people can’t understand very well. 

是的,我知道,这本书真的很难,在那个时期的人们有很多的礼仪,这些礼仪即使是现在的英国人也不能很好的理解。
Ann:
I can’t agree it any more. Why did people behave like that? 

我非常的同意,为什么那时的人要有像那样的行为呢?
Lily:
Hamlet can help you know something about the British ancient people and it’s really a masterpiece. 

哈姆雷特能帮你知道很多关于英国古代的人们,而且这真的是本杰作。


