Ann:
Did you see the movie Children of Men? 

你看过《人类之子》这部电影吗?
Lily:
Yes, I watch it when it was first released in this country, but I don’t like it very much. 

看过了,当它在中国首映时就看过了。但是我不怎么喜欢它。
Ann:
Why, I think it’s a great movie. 

为什么呢?我觉得它是部很棒的电影啊。
Lily:
I don’t like movies that describe the dark side of the world. And the movie makes me feel despaired. It seems that the world is hopeless. 

我不喜欢那种讲述世界黑暗面的电影。而且这部电影让我觉得很绝望,这世界好像都没希望了。
Ann:
I don’t think so. I think it’s hopeful, and the baby is the hope. If it’s really hopeless, then the baby should never appear. 

我可不这么认为,我觉得它是充满希望的,那个小孩就是希望。如果真的是没希望的话,那么那个小孩就不应该出现。
Lily:
So you understand the point of the movie? 

那么你是明白这部电影要讲什么咯?
Ann:
Yeah, I think the movie wants to tell people that we should cherish and protect our Earth, or the end of the world would come very soon. 

嗯,我觉得这部电影是想告诉人们要珍惜和保护我们的地球,否则世界末日很快就来临。
Lily:
It sounds reasonable. 

听起来还蛮有道理的。
Ann:
I also quite appreciate the director’s excellent camera technique. The use of long take shows the good command of camera technique. 

我也很欣赏导演高超的摄像技术。长镜头显示出了对摄影技术良好的掌控。
Lily:
Yeah. Though I don’t like the movie very much, the camera technique is really shocking. 

对啊,尽管我不是很喜欢这部电影,它的摄影技术确实很惊人。


