史密斯:
Excuse me,I want to ask you a question. 

麻烦了,有个问题想请教。
大嘴:
Please don’t mention it,I’ll try my best. 

别客气,请说,我尽量帮助你。
史密斯:
There’s a strange word called “Paolongtao”in Chinese,what does it mean ? 

在汉语里有个词很奇怪,叫做“跑龙套”,是什么意思?
大嘴:
Oh,it means the minor role , insignificant. 

哦,这个嘛,就是配角,不重要的意思。
史密斯:
What dose it originate from? 

它的来源是怎样的呢?
大嘴:
It derives from the roles in Peking opera.This kind of role represents hordes of troops and horses and is usually formed by a group of people.They perform to emphasize the atmosphere by following the leading actor. 

这个词来源于戏剧里的角色,一般由一群人组成,代表千军万马。他们总是跟着主角跑,也就是起着衬托气氛的作用。
史密斯:
Oh,I see . 

哦,明白了。
大嘴:
What about your Chinese language ? 

汉语学习的怎么样?
史密斯:
The Chinese civilization is extensive and profound. The Chinese language boasts as one of the most beautiful and complicated language in the world . 

中国文化博大精深,汉语是世界上最美丽最复杂的语言之一。
大嘴:
Put more powder into it!You nust be successful if you continue persistently. 

加油哦,坚持不懈肯定能成功的。


