Ann:
Today is the Hallowmas. The children must be very happy. 

今天是万圣节,孩子们一定很开心。
Lily:
Yes, they have looked forward to it for several weeks. 

是的,他们好几个星期前就在期待了。
Ann:
When I look at them, I often recall my childhood. I believe we were much happier than the children now. 

当我看着他们,我经常想起我的童年,我认为我们那时候比现在的孩子们更开心。
Lily:
Yes, when the Hallowmas came, I often ran out with my brothers to knock neighborhood’s door. 

是的,当万圣节来到的时候,我经常和我们的兄弟们跑出去敲邻居家的门。
Ann:
And then, we would say, “Trick or treat”. 

.然后呢,我们会说:“不请吃就捣蛋”。
Lily:
Yes. We often knocked the seniors’ door, and they loved us to play in their house. 

恩,我们经常敲得是老人家的门,他们喜欢我们去他们家玩。
Ann:
I remember there was an old couple who usually prepared lots of candies and scattered them to us. 

我记得有一对老夫妇总是准备了很多糖果,然后撒向我们。
Lily:
What is the children’s activity this evening? 

孩子们今晚的活动是什么?
Ann:
They said they want to knock the whole door in this building. 

他们说他们要去敲开这栋楼所有的门。
Lily:
Wow, great! I want to follow them. 

哇,太好了,我要跟他们去。


