Mike:
What’s the hurry?
那么着急,干什么去啊?
Jessie:
There is a Deeppavali party in Sevens Bar.
七吧今晚有一个屠妖节的聚会。
Mike:
A D what party? I didn’t know that.
屠什么节?怎么没听说过啊。
Jessie:
Deeppavali, day of lights. A Hindu festival. A very important one, just like our spring festival.
屠妖节,排灯节。一个印度教节日。非常重要的,就像我们的春节一样。
Mike:
Sounds fun. A Hindu festival? Since when have you started believing in Hinduism? Did I miss something?
听上去蛮有意思。印度教节日?你什么时候开始信奉印度教了?你有什么没有告诉我吗?
Jessie:
Well, uh, there is a cute boy. He is Thai but he is a Hinduism believer. And he celebrates that festival with his family every year.
我遇到一个很可爱的男孩子。他是泰国人但他信奉印度教。每年他和家人都会庆祝这个传统节日。
Mike:
Wow, I thought they only had she-males.
啊哈,我以为他们只有人妖呢。
Jessie:
Don’t be so shallow. They are part of the Hindu culture. You know what? You should come with me.
别那么肤浅。他们也是印度教文化的一部分。我觉得你应该跟我一起去。
Mike:
I don’t think it’s a good idea. You will ditch me when you meet your lovely boyfriend. Then I will be like a fool who can speak neither Thai nor Chinese.
这不太好吧。你肯定会为了你可爱的男朋友而中途丢下我的。到时候我可是一个既不会泰语也不会中文的傻瓜了。
Jessie:
You are harsh. That’s not me. I will never do that to my friend. And I will get you a perfect girl tonight.
说话怎么这么刺儿啊!我怎么可能作出这种事情呢。今晚肯定给你介绍一个靓女。
Mike:
Oh, really? Ok then. Let’s hit the road.
真的?那好吧。我们走吧。