Ann:
Today, my course was British Literature. Do you know what the teacher taught? Too boring. 

我今天的课是英国文学,你知道老师上了什么吗?太无聊了。
Lily:
What has he taught? 

上了什么?
Ann:
Gulliver’s Travels. You know? The Houyhnhnms? 

格列佛游记,你知道吗?慧马国。
Lily:
I know. I have read it when I was child. 

我知道,我小时候读过这本书。
Ann:
How do you think about it? 

你认为这本书怎么样?
Lily:
Just for entertainment, you know. The story is really funny. 

娱乐吧,你知道的,故事真的很有趣。
Ann:
In my teacher’s opinion, he said that the author, Jonathan Swift, criticized the human evil nature, such as greedy, brutal, and savage. 

我老师的观点,他说作者,乔纳森斯威夫特是在批判人性恶的一面,比如说贪婪,野性,野蛮。
Lily:
I can’t read it through. What I understood is the whole story itself. 

我可读不出来,我懂得就是这个故事本身。
Ann:
Me too, and he wanted us to discuss about which kind of human you want to be, yahoo or houyhnhnms? 

我也是,他要我们讨论,我们想成为哪一种人,野胡或者是慧马?
Lily:
I just want to be human being. 

我只想成为人类。


