Jessica:
Do you think I should take the red one or the yellow one? Mat? Are you with me? 

你觉得我是该拿红色的还是黄色的那件?迈特?你在听吗?
Matthew:
Sorry, what were saying? 

啊? 你刚刚说什么?
Jessica:
Where did you go? You were not even listening. 

你刚刚想什么了?你根本就没有在听吧。
Matthew:
Sorry. I was still thinking about the movie My sister’s keeper. 

对不起,我还在想那部电影《我姐姐的守护者》。
Jessica:
Oh, that movie is a hit. 

那部电影很热啊。
Matthew:
Anna sued her parents for the rights of her own body. 

安娜控告她的父母,想得到自己身体的支配权。
Jessica:
Medical emancipation. Unbelievable, right? 

医学解放。真是不可思议。
Matthew:
As I see it, I think she is doing the right thing. She has been giving since she was born. And now her mom is forcing her to give Kate a kidney. What if the operation fails? Both of them will die. 

以我看,我认为她这样做是正确的。自从生下来,她就一直在给予。而现在她妈妈在逼她捐一个肾给凯特。如果手术失败了怎么办?她们俩都会死的。
Jessica:
I feel sympathetic. If her sister was not suffering from cancer, there would be no Anna. In some way, her sister created her. She should be grateful. 

我很同情她。如果她姐姐没有得癌症,根本就不会有安娜。某种意义上说,她姐姐创造了她。她应该感激的。
Matthew:
Anna was helping. Even the doctor said that her sister could not make it pass five years. Isn’t it a miracle itself? Life is complicated. 

安娜一直有在帮忙啊。连医生也说她姐姐不会活超过5岁的。这本身不就是奇迹吗?生活真是复杂。


