汤姆:
We should take our coworkers out to celebrate this weekend.



这个周末我们应该带同事们去庆祝一下.
艾博特:
Yes, the project was a big success.Now that it's finished, I think we should have a party.



是的.计划案很成功.现在结束了.我想我们应该办个庆功宴.
汤姆:
But I'm not sure what to do.We could invite them all to dinner at the Red Lobster, and then come here for drinks.



但我不知道要怎么庆祝.我们可以邀请他们去红龙虾聚餐.然后再来这里喝东西.
艾博特:
This place?



这个地方?
汤姆:
Yes, why not? This is one of the best pubs in the neighborhood.A lot of the employees live around here. So it would be convenient.



对啊.不好吗?这是附近最好的酒吧之一 .很多职员住在这儿附近.所以很方便.
艾博特:
I have a suggestion. Why don't we go to a KTV and sing?



我有个提议.何不去 KTV 唱歌? 

汤姆:
A KTV? Are you serious?



你说真的吗?
艾博特:
Yes. Why not? Don't you like KTVs?



是啊.不好吗?你不喜欢 KTV 吗?
汤姆:
I don't know. I never went to one.



我不知道.我没去过.
艾博特:
Never? Really? I'm surprised.



没去过?真的?我很惊讶.
汤姆:
Why should you be?Many Americans have never gone to a KTV.



有什么好惊讶的?很多美国人都没去过 KTV.
艾博特:
But there are a lot of KTVs in town. There's one just two blocks from here.



但是镇上有很多家 KTV.离这里两条街的地方就有一家.
汤姆:
That's because there are a lot of Asian immigrants here.All their customers are Asians. Americans don't usually go out to sing with their friends.



那是因为这里有很多亚洲移民.他们的客人都是亚洲人.美国人通常不会和朋友出去唱歌.
艾博特:
I suppose.It's true that when I go to a KTV here in town, there are almost no Westerners.



我想也是.的确是真的.我去镇上的 KTV 时.几乎都没有西方人.
汤姆:
See?



看吧?
艾博特:
But you know, Tom--half of the employees in our company are from Japan.So going to a KTV would be fun for them.



你知道吗.汤姆.我们公司有一半的职员都是从日本来的.所以对他们来说去KTV 会很好玩.
汤姆:
But what about the other employees?



但是其他的职员呢?
艾博特:
Well, I think you would have a good time too.We'd have to teach you, of course.



你们也会玩得愉快的.当然我们会教你们.
汤姆:
Do they have English songs there?



那儿有英文歌吗?
艾博特:
Of course. They have a lot of English songs.



当然有.有很多英文歌.
汤姆:
Well, maybe we should suggest it to the office tomorrow. I'm willing to try.



或许明天我们应该在办公室提议.我愿意尝试看看.
艾博特:
Good.We Japanese working in America always have to learn about American culture.It would be good to introduce something Japanese to you.



很好.我们在美国的日本人总是要学习美国文化.可以介绍日本的东西对你们也不错.
汤姆:
Let's give it a try then.



那么让我们试试吧.