Ann:
Anne, what is your dream house like? 

安妮, 你梦想中的房子是什么样的?
Anne:
I’d like a big modern flat in central Shanghai, so I can go shopping every day. 

我希望有一套在上海市中心的现代公寓,那样我就可以天天逛街了。
Ann:
Shanghai! But I don’t think big city is a good place to live. 

上海啊!但我觉得大城市并不是个好住处。
Anne:
Why? You don’t like big city? 

为什么?你不喜欢大城市啊?
Ann:
Yes. Living in a big city means great pressure, noise, and air pollution…anyway never peaceful. 

恩。住在大城市压力很大,还有噪音和空气污染,就是说永远不会很安宁。
Anne:
So what is your dream house looks like? 

那你梦想中的房子又是什么样的?
Ann:
I would like a villa near the lake. Its form looks like the British Castle. And it would have a big garden with various flowers and trees. 

我想要一幢湖边别墅,像英国别墅那样的。还要有一个有花草树木的大花园。
Anne:
It sounds like a holiday resort, but not a normal house. 

听起来像是个度假胜地,而不是普通的房子。
Ann:
Yes, I hope my house could be a real sweet home, a place to refresh spirits, but not just a place to shelter. 

对啊,我就是希望我的房子是个真正温馨的家,是个可以恢复精神的家,而不仅是一个遮蔽处。
Anne:
Great! Maybe I should rethink about my dream house. 

真棒!也许我该再考虑一下我梦想的房子。