杨:
Hey, here is the invitation for Mary’s wedding. 

嘿,给你Mary的婚礼请帖。
李:
Oh my god! I must be crazy! 

哦,我的天哪!我要疯了!
杨:
What? Do you like her? 

怎么了? 难道你爱她?
李:
Are you joking? I only mean this is the third time that I receive such invitation this month. 

你在开玩笑吗?我只是说这个月我已经收到3次请帖了。
杨:
Wedding is a good thing. New couples want to share their happiness. 

婚礼是开心的事情。新人们希望分享快乐。
李:
I am also happy. The only sad thing is my pocket. 

我很高兴。难过得只有我的口袋。
杨:
Oh, you mean "red envelope". 

哦,你说红包。
李:
Yes. If I do not take one, I will feel embarrassed and the inviter would privately say that I have no idea about "gratitude". 

对的。如果没带,我自己会觉得不好意思,邀请者也会私下说我不懂人情。
杨:
Then you just take. 

那你就带吧。
李:
Yes, I take and now I spend all my salary this month. 

是的,我带了,然后花光了这个月所有的薪水。
杨:
Oh, I must say it is quite common. Although some people are reluctant in their hearts, they will just obey. If you can’t change it, just accept it. 

哦,我只能说这很普遍。虽然很多人内心排斥,但是他们只能遵从习俗。如果不能改变,就接受吧。


