凯莉:
Taxi! Taxi!



出租车!出租车!
出租司机:
Where to, Miss?



小姐去哪里?
凯莉:
Diamond Hotel on Beach Avenue. How much do you think the fare will be?



海滩大街钻石宾馆.要多少钱呢?
出租司机:
Well, about three dollars. I can't tell exactly, but whatever it is, it will show on the meter



三美元.我也不确定.不管怎样.会在计价器上显示的.
凯莉:
I took a taxi yesterday from the station to Diamond Hotel, and the driver charged me six dollars.



昨天我从火车站打车去宾馆要了我六美元.
出租司机:
Was it rush hour?



是高峰期吗?
凯莉:
No, it wasn't.



不是.
出租司机:
Well, there is nothing I can say, Miss.



那就没得说了.
凯莉:
Do you think he intentionally drove all around instead of driving directly to Diamond Hotel?



你觉得他是不是故意带我转而不直接到宾馆?
出租司机:
No. Why would he want to do that?



不是吧.他为什么要那么做?
凯莉:
For more money. He thought I was someone who can be taken advantage of.



为了赚更多的钱.他觉得可以从我这里捞一笔.
出租司机:
I wouldn't say that, Miss. Any cab driver would lose his license if he got caught doing a thing like that.



小姐.不能那么说.如果出租司机这么做被抓的话会被吊销驾照的.
凯莉:
I didn't know that.



我不知道那个.
出租司机:
Now you know. Are you new in this city?



现在你明白了.你是外来的吗?
凯莉:
Yes. I'll probably stay here for two more weeks.



是的.我要在这呆两个多星期.
出租司机:
In that case, you can try to call a cab company to send you a cab next time when you need one. That'll certainly make you feel safer.Here you are, Diamond Hotel.



那样的话下次你需要可以给出租车公司打电话给派辆车.这样会觉得安全.钻石宾馆到了.
凯莉:
Thank you for the advice. How much is it?



谢谢您的建议.多少钱?
出租司机:
Two dollars and ninty-eight cents.



两美元九十八分.
凯莉:
Here is three dollars. Keep the change.



这是三美元.不用找零了.