杰克:
What do you think of driving after drinking?



你对酒后开车怎么看?
亨利:
Well, personally, I think people who drive shouldn`t drink.



这个嘛.就我个人而言.我认为开车的人不应该喝酒.
杰克:
Yes, that`s just how I see it.



是的.这也正是我的看法.
约翰:
I`m not so certain. I think they should be allowed to drink a little.



我没有那么绝对.我觉得开车的人还是允许喝一点酒的.
亨利:
No, I don`t think they should. Once people start drinking, they never know when to stop.



不.我觉得不应该.人们一旦喝上酒.从来就不知道什么时候停杯.
杰克:
Mmm, possibly, but maybe it`s asking too much to ban it altogether. And what about all the pubs in the country? You can`t get to them without a car.



嗯.也许吧.但或许绝对禁酒是要求太过了一点.那些所有在乡下的酒吧怎么办呢?不开车你根本去不了那里.
亨利:
In my opinion, the obvious answer is to close them all down.



照我看.最明显的解决方案就是把它们全部关闭.
约翰:
You must be joking! There are thousands of pubs in Britain. No one would agree to closing them down.



你一定在开玩笑吧!在英国有数千家酒吧.谁也不会答应把它们关闭的.
亨利:
Yes, perhaps, but it`s about time we took drinking and driving a little more seriously.



是的.也许是这样.但现在是我们该认真一点对待酒后驾驶问题的时候了.
杰克:
Yes, that`s exactly my opinion.



是的.这正是我的看法.