Adam:
I guess cooking is not as easy as I thought.

我想做饭并不像我想的那么简单。
Sophie:
Let me take a look at that… I can’t stop the bleeding. We need to go to the hospital.

让我看看…我没法给你止血。我们得去医院。
Adam:
What? Oh, shit! I cut my finger.

什么?哦,该死!我切到手指了。
Sophie:
It’s in the cabinet… Adam, the gas cooker doesn’t work.

在橱柜里…亚当,煤气灶坏了。
Adam:
Where’s the peeler?

削皮刀在哪儿?
Sophie:
Now wash them, then dice the potatoes and bell peppers. Then slice the meat.

现在把它们洗一下,然后把土豆和青椒切成丁儿,然后再把肉切成片。
Adam:
Gotcha ... OK. Here they are.

明白…好了,拿来了。
Sophie:
Three. And bring four bell peppers.

三个。再拿四个青椒。
Adam:
How many potatoes do you need?

你需要几个土豆?
Sophie:
Not bad. Okay, now take some meat and potatoes from the fridge.

还不错嘛。好,现在从冰箱里拿点儿肉和土豆来。
Adam:
Easy. I could do that with my eyes closed. (after a while) Done.

这容易。我闭着眼睛都能干。(过了一会儿)做好了。
Sophie:
Hmm, let me see… Boil some water and then whisk two eggs.

嗯,让我看看…烧点水,然后再打两个鸡蛋。
Adam:
I’d like to help pitch in with dinner.

我想帮忙一起做饭。
Sophie:
Really? You’re joking.

真的吗?你在开玩笑吧。
Adam:
No. I’d like to do something special for you on your birthday.

没开玩笑。我想在你的生日为你做点儿特别的事情。
Sophie:
I’d like that. Alright, put on this apron first.

很好。好吧,先把这个围裙系上。
Adam:
OK…Now how can I help, hon?

好的…现在,我怎么帮忙,亲爱的?