Laura:
It's quite busy here. It's true that Chinese people love tea.

这里好多人啊。说中国人爱喝茶可真没错。
Benjamin:
That's for sure. You know that tea is China's national drink and an indispensable part of the life a Chinese person.

这里好多人啊。说中国人爱喝茶可真没错。
Laura:
Just like coffee for us, I suppose. So what do people do in these teahouses?

这里好多人啊。说中国人爱喝茶可真没错。
Benjamin:
Many things. You can meet friends, play cards, or just relax here. It's a good place for entertainment.

很多啊。你可以来这里跟朋友聚会,打牌,或者是纯粹放松。这是一个休闲的好地方。
Laura:
Oh, yes. It's an ideal place for those things, largely because the atmosphere here is very comfortable.

哦,没错,这的确是做那些活动的理想场所,主要是因为这里的气氛让人感觉舒服。
Benjamin:
You can get to know traditional Chinese lifestyles here. In old times, you can find teahouses everywhere.

哦,没错,这的确是做那些活动的理想场所,主要是因为这里的气氛让人感觉舒服。
Laura:
What about this one? When did it come into being?

哦,没错,这的确是做那些活动的理想场所,主要是因为这里的气氛让人感觉舒服。
Benjamin:
It must have a long history. You see that its decoration is very old and delicate.

一定有很长的历史了。你看它的装饰非常古朴、精致。
Laura:
Yeah. Almost everything here is wooden. I like all these carvings on them. I noticed there are many pictures of opera stars here. Do you know why?

一定有很长的历史了。你看它的装饰非常古朴、精致。
Benjamin:
There used to be an opera stage here.

这里以前有一个戏台。
Laura:
An opera stage in a teahouse? What for?

茶馆里面有戏台?用来干什么啊?
Benjamin:
This way, you could also watch the operas when you were having tea. That was a good way to make the customers stay longer.

这么一来,喝茶同时还可以看戏。这可是留住顾客的好方法啊。
Laura:
Oh, I love operas. I watched the “Drunken Beauty” with Aunt Shirley days ago. And it's really amazing.

哦,我喜欢戏剧。前几天我和雪莉阿姨一起看了“贵妃醉酒”。那场戏太精彩了。
Benjamin:
That's a real classic. Oh, I almost forgot one thing. Do you want to eat something?

那可真是一部经典啊。哦,我差点忘了一件事情。你想吃东西吗?
Laura:
Do they serve anything good to go with tea?

这里有什么好吃的可以用来配茶吃吗?
Benjamin:
Sure. There should be a variety of choices.

当然了。这里有很多选择呢?
Laura:
Then, let's order now.

那么,我们现在就点吧。