Tim:
What's that?
那是什么?
Shirley:
Are you Chinese or what? It's embroidery, of course!
你是中国人,还是外国人啊?那当然是刺绣啊!
Tim:
Sis, don't get me wrong. I know what it is. I mean why are they doing this here?
姐姐,别弄错了。我当然知道这个是什么。我的意思是为什么在这里刺绣啊?
Shirley:
It's a strategy to attract more customers. Isn't it interesting?
这是招揽顾客的策略啊。不是很有趣吗?
Tim:
Very interesting and it does seem to work. This place is packed.
是很有趣,看来这策略挺管用的。这里都挤满人了。
Shirley:
What's more, you can pay some money to have a try if you want. Want a try?
还有,付一点钱就可以尝试的。你想试试吗?
Tim:
I'd rather save the chance for others. I don't think I have the talent for that.
我还是把机会让给别人吧。我觉得我没有做这个的天赋。
Shirley:
Is there anything you can make with your own hands?
有什么东西是你能够亲身制作的吗?
Tim:
Sure. There is a DIY Bar on the next street. Let's go there!
当然了。下一条街上有一个“手工自助吧”。我们去那里吧。
Shirley:
What is the DIY thing? Bar? Do you go to the bar during the day time?
这“手工自助吧”是什么啊?你白天还去酒吧玩吗?
Tim:
Don't you know the place? It's really near. DIY means Do It Yourself.
你不知道那个地方吗?离这儿很近的。“手工自助”的意思是自己动手制作。
Shirley:
So, what do you do there? Surely not needle work!
那么,你在那里做什么呢?一定不是针线活吧?
Tim:
I make ceramic cups there. Do you remember the gift I gave you for your last birthday? Those two cups?
在那里,我可以自己制作陶瓷茶杯。还记得你上次生日时我送你的礼物吗?那两个茶杯?
Shirley:
Oh, sure. One of them has a small hole on its bottom. You didn't say they were made by you. Why didn't you tell us?
哦,当然了。它们中的一个底下还有一个洞呢。你没有说那是你自己做的啊。你怎么不告诉我们呢?
Tim:
I had planned to. But you guys said they're too ugly. So I changed my mind. But, I'm much better now. Trust me.
我原来打算告诉你们的。可你们都说它们太丑了。所以我就改变主意了。但是我现在做得强多了。相信我。
Shirley:
OK. Let's just go to the DIY Bar and check it out.
可以啊。我们去那个“手工自助吧”看看你的手艺吧。