Daniel:
Mom, where are you going?

妈妈,你要去哪里?
Mom:
I am going to buy some food to cook for supper.

我正要去买菜做晚饭。
Daniel:
Good. I wanna come with you.

太好了,我想和你一起去。
Mom:
How strange! Our little emperor now asks to help out with shopping.

真奇怪!我们家的小皇帝主动要求去买菜。
Daniel:
We learnt about vegetables and meat at school. But I never see the real thing.

我们在学校里学了很多有关蔬菜和肉的知识,但是很多我从没见过。
Mom:
Wow, that's something new. Let's go!

哦,真新鲜。那我们出发吧!
Daniel:
Er, is this cabbage?

呃,这是卷心菜吗?
Mom:
Cabbage? Is that what they teach at school now? OK, honey, it's spin age.

卷心菜?这就是现在学校教的东西吗?好了,孩子,这是菠菜。
Daniel:
Yeah, I know, this is Popeye's favorite food.

哦,我知道了,原来这就是大力水手最喜欢的食物呀!
Mom:
There we go.

我们走吧。
Daniel:
Mom, come here. I know this, it is carrot, am I right?

妈妈,来这边。我认识这个,是胡萝卜,对吗?
Mom:
Bingo! It's dark outside, Let's hurry up.

答对了!外面天已经黑了,我们快点吧。