Lee:
Hi, why you look so down? What happened? 

嗨,你为什么看起来这么低沉啊。发生什么事了?
Jim:
Nothing, I just feel that life is meaningless. 

没什么,我只是觉得人生没意义
Lee:
Oh, come on. You are still young, and your life is just beginning. How do you have this feeling? 

不是吧,你还年轻,你的人生才刚开始呢。你怎么会有这样的想法啊?
Jim:
It seems that there are only three things in my life, study, sleep and eating. Life is so boring and meaningless. 

现在看来,我人生里就只有三件事,学习、睡觉和吃。人生是这么的无聊和没意义。
Lee:
I see. Ok. Let me ask you some questions. First, do you think our lives are meaningful when we born? 

我明白了,让我问你几个问题吧。首先,你觉得当我们出生时,我们的人生有意义吗?
Jim:
Meaningless, I think. What is the point? 

我想是没意义吧,你想要说什么呢?
Lee:
Look at those people around you. Do you think their lives are meaningful? 

看看这些人,你觉得他们的人生有意义吗?
Jim:
They look quite happy and fulfilling. I don’t know, maybe their lives are meaningful. 

他们看起来很开心,很充实。我不知道,可能是有意义的吧。
Lee:
Actually, life is meaningless, but God gives everybody a chance to make it meaningful. 

事实上,人生是没意义的。但是上帝却给予每个人一个机会使人生变得有意义。
Jim:
Wow, Genius. Yeah, life is meaningless in itself, but we can make it meaningful and colorful. So they are happy, because their lives are in their own hands. 

哇,天才!对啊,人生本身就是没意义的,但是我们可以把它变得有意义。所以他们才这么开心,因为他们的人生掌握在他们手中。