珍妮:
Won`t you have some of this?



来点儿这个怎么样?
埃伦:
Yes, thanks.



好的.谢谢.
珍妮:
It`s my grandmother`s favorite recipe for barbecue.



这是我祖母最喜欢的烤肉吃法.
埃伦:
It`s very good. How do you make it?



太好吃了.你是怎么做的?
珍妮:
I use a special dressing and homemade catsup.



我用了一种特殊的调料和自制的番茄酱.
埃伦:
This salad looks so nice-just right for a hot day.



这道沙拉看上去太好了.正好适合在热天吃.
珍妮:
I`m glad you like it.



我很高兴你喜欢它.
埃伦:
You Americans usually have nutritious food.



你们美国人经常吃一些营养丰富的食物.
珍妮:
Oh, but Chinese food is so delicious. I wish I knew how to cook Chinese food. Do you follow recipes?



哦.但是中国菜是那么美味.我希望能学会做中国菜.你按照菜谱做吗?
埃伦:
We use different spices but few people use recipes. They learn to cook by experience.



我们用很多种调料.但很少有人用菜谱.他们凭经验来烹调.
珍妮:
I always use a recipe but my grandmother never did. She was a great cook. She would make clam chowder every Sunday night, clam chowder and cornbread.



我经常用菜谱.但我祖母却从来不.她是一名高超的厨师.她每个周日晚上都要做蛤蜊杂烩.还有玉米面包.