Doctor:
What’s wrong with you? You look pale.

你有什么不舒服吗?你看起来很苍白。
Brown:
I’m not sure, I feel hot and cold.

我不确定,我感觉一阵冷一阵热。
Doctor:
When did the trouble start?

什么时候开始不舒服的?
Brown:
I was sick most of the night.

我大半夜都难受。
Doctor:
It sounds like you are coming down with the flu. Let me take your temperature.

听起来你好像得了流行感冒。让我量量你的体温。
Brown:
Have I got a high fever?

我发烧吗?
Doctor:
Yes, thirty-eight point seven. Do you have a headache, chest or throat pain?

是的。38.7 度。你头痛吗? 胸和嗓子痛吗?
Brown:
Yes, I have.

是的,痛。
Doctor:
Now, let me have a look at you. I’d like to listen to your chest. Now breathe in, a deep breath, that’s it. Cough, now again. I want to examine your throut, too. Open wide, say “ah--”.

来,让我瞧瞧你。 想听听你的胸部,现在往里吸气,深深地吸一口气,对了。咳嗽一下,再咳一次。我还想再查查你的喉咙,把嘴张开,说“啊——”
Brown:
Aaaaahh, aaaaahh.

啊——啊——啊——啊。
Doctor:
Yes, it does look a bit sore. Let’s take an X-ray of your chest and give you a few tests.

是的,确实有些炎症。好吧,我们来透视一下你的肺,再做些化验。
Brown:
All right, thanks.

好,谢谢。
Doctor:
The tests showed nothing wrong. A slight viral infection.

化验结果没有问题,有点轻度病毒感染。
Brown:
What shall I do today?

那我该怎么办?
Doctor:
I’m giving you some antibiotics and aspirins. Take an aspirin when you’ve got a fever, and take one antibiotics capsule every four hours, and go home and rest in bed for two days. Drink plenty of water, then you’ll feel better. Here’s the prescription.

我给你开一些抗生素和阿司匹林。发烧时吃一片阿司匹林,每四个小时吃一粒抗生素胶囊。回家卧床休息两天。多喝开水,就会好的。这是处方。
Brown:
Thank you, doctor. Good-bye.

谢谢你,大夫。再见。