娜娜:
I have chosen fifteen candidates. The first round of interviews is tomorrow.



我挑了十五个人.明天进行初试.
琳达:
The first round?



初试?
娜娜:
Right. We`ll choose the four best candidates and have them come back for a second interview.



对啊.先挑出四个最优秀的.再请他们来复试.
琳达:
That`s when you`ll talk money and other details?



那时你才会谈到工资及其他细节吗?
娜娜:
Right. I`ll need to reserve the small conference room for tomorrow and Thursday.



没错.我得预定明天和周四使用小会议室.
琳达:
I hope we find someone good. I don`t want extra work.



希望我们能找到好的人选.我不想多做额外的工作.
娜娜:
And I`ll need twenty application forms and I have a list of questions to ask.



我需要二十份申请表.我还列出了一些要问的问题.
琳达:
Let me take a look. Question one:



让我看看.第一题:
面试者:
I finished filling out my application form.



我填完申请表了.
琳达:
Good. Please wait here. Our marketing supervisor will be with you shortly.(That evening)



很好.请在这儿等一下.营销主管马上就来了.(当天晚上)
娜娜:
Well, I have four candidates, and one looks really good.



嗯.我有四个人选.其中有一个真的很不错.
琳达:
Better than me?



比我还好吗?
娜娜:
(Jokingly) As a matter of fact I think a couple of the candidates would make great replacements for you!



(开玩笑地说)事实上.我想其中有几个人很适合替代你呢! 

琳达:
Well, then, I guess I shouldn`t have tried so hard to find good candidates!



噢.那么我想我真不该这么努力去找优秀的人选!