Policeman:
What's the matter here?

这儿出什么事了?
Benjamin:
Somebody broke into my house in the morning.

今天早上有人闯进我家了。
Policeman:
When did you find out?

你什么时候发现的?
Benjamin:
About 12 o'clock, when I came home from work.

大约12点,当我下班回家的时候。
Policeman:
Apparently forced entry. The lock is battered to pieces.

很明显是强行入室。锁被砸烂了。
Benjamin:
I wonder how the burglar did it.

真不明白小偷怎么干的。
Policeman:
He is so unskillful. I have never seen such an awkward burglar.

他技术太烂了。我从没见过技术这么烂的小偷。
Benjamin:
That's because we have a strong lock.

那是因为我们有一把结实的锁。
Policeman:
Probably. Let's check the inside then.

也许吧。我们看看室内吧。
Benjamin:
Did you find anything?

你发现什么了吗?
Policeman:
Yes, the house was in a terrible mess. It was almost turned upside down by the burglar.

是的,这房里乱透了。它几乎被小偷翻了个底朝天。
Benjamin:
Oh, er…sorry that's because we didn't have time to clean it.

哦,嗯……不好意思那是因为我们没时间打扫。
Policeman:
You mean it is not created by the burglar?

你的意思这不是小偷干的?
Benjamin:
Definitely not, sir.

确实不是,警官。