Colleague:
Hi, look, what's on the wall over there?
嗨,那边墙上贴的是什么呢?
Shirly:
Don't you know that? It's all about new office rules.
你不知道吗?那全都是新的办公室制度。
Colleague:
What does it say?
那上面说什么呢?
Shirly:
It says smoking is not allowed in any private offices. It might be the most terrible thing for you.
上面规定,不允许在任何办公室抽烟。对于你来说,这是最可怕的。
Colleague:
I can smoke outside of the office. But what else does it say?
我可以去办公室外面抽啊。那还有什么规定呢?
Shirly:
If you want to ask for leave, you should get the approval from the manager in charge of your department.
如果你想要请假,你得先得到部门经理的允许。
Colleague:
But if there is an emergency and the manager is of absence, what should we do?
但是如果有紧急情况,经理又不在,我们怎么办呢?
Shirly:
The note says you should call your manager first, and then tell him your reason, and then ask him for the approval.
通知上说,你得先打电话给经理,然后告诉他原因,再申请得到他的允许。
Colleague:
OK, OK, got it. By the way, what about the vacation policy? Anything changed?
好的,好的,知道了。对了,那放假制度改了吗?
Shirly:
No. We still enjoy 10-day of paid vacation per year.
没有。我们仍然享有10天的有薪年假。
Colleague:
Can we have 7-day holiday on National Day?
那国庆还放7天假吗?
Shirly:
Of course. That's what we deserve.
当然啊。那是我们应得的。
Colleague:
That's great!
那太棒了。
Shirly:
I have something else to remind you of. Don't be late, if you are late, you will be fined 20 Yuan per minute.
我还得提醒你一点,不要迟到,如果迟到的话,你将被罚款每分钟20元。
Colleague:
Are you kidding? I always get up late. Oh, my God. Can't believe that. That is terrible.
你在开玩笑吧?我总是起来得很晚。噢,天啊,让人太难以相信了。那太可怕了。
Shirly:
So remember to set your alarm clock.
那你就记得调好你的闹钟。